Heledd Wyn’s Profile
I specialise in long-term care, mental incapacity (including the Court of Protection) and estate planning. I advise individuals, attorneys and Court appointed Deputies on their options and obligations. With extensive experience in the Mental Capacity Act 2005 & Care Act 2014, I am well placed to advise on the implications of a move into long-term care.
Care Home experience
I regularly advise on the following aspects
- Court of Protection applications for property and finance and health and welfare
- Creation and administration of trusts for vulnerable children and adults
- Personal Injury Trusts
- NHS Continuing Health Care Funding
- Advance Decisions (“Living Wills”)
- Care home contracts
- Local authority obligations and funding
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
General overview of practice
I am regularly asked to comment on these areas of work and have been published in a number of journals. I am also regularly asked to speak on these topics to third parties such as financial advisers and care providers. I am an experienced private client solicitor and sit on the STEP Mental Capacity Special Interest Group which is dedicated to furthering good practice in the field of mental capacity
Tel: +44 1179 069438
You must be logged in to post a comment.