Cecily Donoghue’s Profile
I specialise in Employment law and advise employers, business owners and senior executives on a wide range of HR and staff management issues.
I have a specific interest in the changes of law relating to sleep-ins and the National Minimum Wage crisis currently facing the sector. I regularly advise care home owners and managers in relation to:
- Outstanding liability and NMW calculations;
- Analysis of current practices following the tests established by case law to assess sleep-in shifts;
- Advising on the Social Care Compliance Scheme and responding to HMRC;
- Assessment of daily rate agreements;
- Advising on strategy regarding unmeasured time;
- And I am actively awaiting the Court of Appeal judgment following the Mencap and Shannon appeals.
More generally, I have a wide range of experience advising on:
- Document support – including employment contracts, handbooks and service agreements;
- Day to day advisory issues – such as sickness and performance management, disciplinary and grievance processes;
- Procedural support – including changes to terms and conditions, individual redundancies, collective consultation and TUPE transfers; and
- Defending Tribunal claims and negotiating with ACAS.